Badr Hari's oft-disputed Facebook page made mention of a fight with Patrice Quarteron a while back and now we know that it is official; Badr Hari will fight Patrice Quarteron on October 16th in Dubai for Global Fighting Championship (GFC). If you'll remember back, you'll remember that Badr Hari fought on GFC 3, walking away with big money and two solid wins under his belt. So it looks like 2014 will continue to be the year that Badr Hari competes for big money outside of GLORY while fans of GLORY get upset that he hasn't signed with the organization.
Also on the card will be another 4-man Heavyweight tournament for 1 million dirhams featuring Melvin Manhoef vs. Hassan and Ismael Lazaar vs. Tai Tuivasa. We'll have more when it's available.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Reece McAllister Victorious in Top King Tournament, Buakaw Loses Decision
- Gokhan Saki's GLORY Light Heavyweight Championship Vacated
- Legacy Kickboxing 3 Highlights and Results
- Top King 4 Finals in Hong Kong Featuring Buakaw Banchamek on July 28th
- Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Yodsanklai Possibly on Tap for August 28th