The big story for many on the upcoming Global FC event is that Badr Hari will be fighting, but an interesting bit of information came out last week, with that being that Peter Aerts was set to fight Dewey Cooper on the event. I’ll make this clear; I’m a huge Peter Aerts fan, always have been, always will be, and I want Peter Aerts to retire. I want Peter Aerts to enjoy his family, spend time with his children, run his gym, to live a long, healthy life.
That being said, a fight against Dewey Cooper seems about right for the time being. Dewey Cooper is an American fighter who has had a good deal of success here in the United States and abroad, but never was able to break through into that top echelon of fighters. Dewey Cooper is a fighter that can absolutely give Peter Aerts trouble, but is not a guy that I’m concerned about giving Aerts any sort of crazy concussion or really hurting Aerts. That isn’t to say that Cooper can’t win, because he could and he might, this is a pretty even fight. But, you know, Cooper is not Jamal Ben Saddik.
Here’s a look at the rest of the card thus far.
- Kamran Morovati vs. Darco Jeremic
- Luke Jumeau vs. Hossein Mollamahdi
- Gokhan Turkyilmaz vs. Voughn Donayre
- Abbas Mollamahdi vs. Erkan Varol
- Brian Douwes vs. Srdjan Seles
- Singh Jaideep vs. Fatih Ulusoy
- Peter Aerts vs. Dewey Cooper
- Tournament: Arnold Oborotov vs. Peter Graham
- Tournament:Badr Hari vs. Stefan Leko