The good news is that John Wayne Parr, who originally intended for 2011 to be his retirement year has decided that since he has been so competitive, there is no reason to really stop now. That is a good thing, because Parr is still one of the best in the world and it turns out Parr just suffered a nasty looking hand injury and will have to withdraw from a September fight against Frank Giorgio. No clue how this will affect his possible October plans, but we will see.
Parr posted a few photos on his Facebook of his hand. After getting a MRI it turns out that he smashed his metacarpals and scaphoid, and while there weren't broken bones, the pain and healing time will be the same as a break. Tough luck, but at least Parr will continue his path of world domination.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- K-1 Japan Holding -57.5kg Tournament For New World Title in November
- Xavier Vigney Out Against Chi Lewis-Parry at GLORY 33 SuperFight Series
- Superstar Actor Idris Elba to Fight in Kickboxing For Reality Series
- Video: Sitthichai and Murthel Groenhart's Victories at Kunlun Fight 50
- Featherweight Tournament Set For GLORY 33