You knew it was a hard road for Todd Duffee. Facing the rampaging Alistair Overeem, on short notice, under MMA rules where The Reem can use his killer knee? That's a tall order, and unfortunately for the ex- UFC fighter, he wasn't up to it.
In just 19 seconds, Overeem landed a series of blows, including that murderous knee, to knock Duffee down and out. Duffee's chin has been a question mark since his UFC loss to Mike Russow, but those blows would have put almost anyone away. Such is the power of the K-1 champion.
With that win, Overeem claims the Interim Dream Heavyweight title, making him the current Dream, Strikeforce, and K-1 champion. I know he has his detractors, but that's an impressive accomplishment.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Lion Fight 32 Returns To Las Vegas With Malaipet vs. Hollenbeck
- Watch Benjamin Adegbuyi's Latest Execution From ACB 7
- Bellator Announces Bellator Kickboxing Event In December Featuring Giorgio Petrosyan
- Enfusion Live Antwerp Results: Ozcan and Jaray Throw Down Again
- Bellator Kickboxing 3 Spoilers and Interview