I'm in awe. Open workouts are a rather humdrum event for everyone involved; the media who have to film it, the fighters who have to pretend to work out and the promoters who have to schedule these events and rent out space for them. Josh Barnett has not fought in the United States in well over two years. In light of that, Barnett has fought in Japan and Australia, while participating in Antonio Inoki-sponsored professional wrestling events in Japan. Barnett has a long history of professional wrestling, from when he was fighting in Pancrase in Japan he signed with New Japan Pro Wrestling as well as participated in Kiyoshi Tamura's U-Style AXIS event that featured "Shoot-Style" Pro Wrestling.
Well, to say that Barnett has a lot of pent up frustration and has a point to prove in his first fight back in the United States is an understatement. Barnett has been the butt of the joke with the media for years now, his name dragged through the mud, so when he has to go through what is a rather pointless exercise, he chose to do something for himself as well as cut an incredible promo. Watch. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Full GLORY 25 Card Shows Featherweight Title Fight, Welterweight Tournament and More
- Card for Venum Victory World Series Panama
- GLORY Posts 283,000 Viewers on Spike TV for GLORY 24
- Dustin Jacoby Proves Himself as a Kickboxer Against Wayne Barrett
- Live Stream Information for GLORY 24 and SuperFight Series
- Creativity in Kickboxing; or, K-1's Forgotten Formula to Building the Future
- GLORY Confirms That Phil Baroni Turned Down Schilling Fight at GLORY 21
- Bill Goldberg Claims He Turned Down a Fight with Alberto Del Rio
- A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words: Bill Goldberg in Front of a GLORY Logo
- New Japan on AXS TV Tonight Features Tanahashi vs. Nakamura