KRUSH held their 60kgs and 55kgs tournament quarterfinals this weekend, with K-1 Koshien Champion Hirotaka Urabe upsetting Naoki Ishikawa to move forward. This show helped to illustrate just how big of a deal these Koshien tournaments that K-1 has run can be and how they can impact the kickboxing world. Urabe wasn't the only Koshien fighter to participate and win.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Liam Harrison vs. Singdam Kiatmoo9 Scheduled for Yokkao 15
- Full Card for WGP 25 Featuring Alex Pereira vs. Cesar Almeida
- Creativity in Kickboxing; or, K-1's Forgotten Formula to Building the Future
- VIDEO: Mike Zambidis Victorious Against Steve Moxon in Retirement Bout
- Joe Schilling Hit With 90 Day Suspension After Bellator Loss