KRUSH held their 60kgs and 55kgs tournament quarterfinals this weekend, with K-1 Koshien Champion Hirotaka Urabe upsetting Naoki Ishikawa to move forward. This show helped to illustrate just how big of a deal these Koshien tournaments that K-1 has run can be and how they can impact the kickboxing world. Urabe wasn't the only Koshien fighter to participate and win.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19