K-1's next event will not be the K-1 World MAX Finals, but instead another trip to Spain featuring some of the Spanish talents that they've helped cultivate over the past year or so. It's a solid move seeing as though their events in Spain have drawn good crowds and gotten a good deal of local press. So K-1 will head to Mallorca, Spain on April 12th for "The Battle for Spain," featuring a headlining bout between Maximo Suarez and Elam Ngor.
Here is the fight card per the press release issued today.
- 70kg: Maximo Suarez (Spain) VS Elam Negor (Spain)
- 86kg: Denis Marjanivic (Serbia) VS Moises Ruibal (Spain)
- +100kg: George Collin (Holland) VS Mario Jagatic (Croatia)
- 63kg: Cristian Barrionueveo (Spain) VS Zakaria Zougarry (Morocco)
- 70kg: Miodrag Olar (Romania) VS Alejandro Rodriguex (Spain)
- 95kg: Adam Hart (England) VS Jose IIaneras (Spain)
- More fights will be added in the coming weeks.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19