K-1 issued a press statement today announcing what will be the first of two K-1 World MAX 2013 Final 8 events, as we previously had announced that they'd be splitting the Final 8 into two separate events. Oddly enough, the event announced today is actually the second of the two events, with the first event being rumored to be taking place on either December 28th or 30th in China featuring Buakaw Banchamek and Andy Souwer. Regardless, the event announced today will go down on January 11th and feature four of the participants of the Final 8 (which also tells us who'll be competing in December by process of elimination).
The K-1 World MAX 2013 Quarter Finals in Spain will happen on January 11th, 2014 from Gran Canaria, Spain and will once again be streamed live on Epicentre.tv. The event is again involving Street Culture as the promoter, which makes sense due to the locale, with the card as follows;
- K-1 MAX Quarter Final: Elam Ngor vs. Lee Sung-Hyun
- K-1 MAX Quarter Final: Maximo Suarez vs. Shane Campbell
- David Calvo vs. Chad Sugden
- Damian Garcia vs. Alcorac Caballero
- Moises Baute vs. Razvan Floria
- Alejandro Rodriguez vs. Tural Bayrmov
- Aitor Alonso vs. TBA
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Video: Sitthichai and Murthel Groenhart's Victories at Kunlun Fight 50
- Featherweight Tournament Set For GLORY 33
- Yokkao 21 Scheduled For October 28th in Hong Kong Featuring Saenchai
- Never Underestimate Anderson 'Braddock' Silva
- SuperKombat WGP IV Results: Ionut Iftimoaie Retires In Front Of Record-Breaking Crowd