While the legendary Masato may be retired, that doesn't mean that he doesn't like to entertain audiences from time-to-time. For the second year in a row, Masato participated in an exhibition bout for the New Year's Eve variety show Kyokugen in Japan. Last year was a bout with rival KID Yamamoto, while this year was a kickboxing exhibition bout with PRIDE lightweight legend Takanori Gomi.
Both men were a huge part of the boom years of Japan's obsession with kakutougi and this fight did take a back seat to RIZIN due to its nature, but it's still worth a watch and has some really crazy moments for two guys fighting for essentially nothing but fun.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com | @dvewlshWebsite: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- LiverKick Rankings Update: April, 2017 -- Not Much Changes
- World Fighting League Results: Peter Aerts Wins Retirement Bout
- Results From K-1 World Grand Prix Japan Super Bantamweight Tournament
- Full Card for K-1 World GP Japan 2017 55kg Super Bantamweight Tournament
- LiverKick Podcast for April 20th - GLORY 40 Preview, Bellator Kickboxing and More