Fans of K-1 Japan know better than to mess with Takeru, the K-1 -55kg Champion, a truly violent force in kickboxing. Yet, it appears that K-1 is moving the goalpost a bit for Takeru's brand of violence by adjusting the division's weight to -57.5kg, where they will crown a new champion. This goes down on November 5th at Yoyogi National Stadium and will be an 8-man tournament.
K-1 Japan -57.5kg GP
Tournament: Ozawa Kaito vs Josh Tonna
Tournament: Tobe Ryuma vs Elias Mahmoudi
Tournament: Kanbe Shota vs Yun Qi
Tournament: Takeru vs. Jamie Whelan
Reserve: Otaki Yuta VS Asahisa Yuki
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com | @dvewlshWebsite: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- LiverKick Rankings Update: April, 2017 -- Not Much Changes
- World Fighting League Results: Peter Aerts Wins Retirement Bout
- Results From K-1 World Grand Prix Japan Super Bantamweight Tournament
- Full Card for K-1 World GP Japan 2017 55kg Super Bantamweight Tournament
- LiverKick Podcast for April 20th - GLORY 40 Preview, Bellator Kickboxing and More