We are hearing reports about a late replacement for one of the K-1 Superfights coming up on May 27th. Sadly, it was one of the more competitive fights that we were all looking forward to in Mosab Amrani vs. Zeben Diaz. While we are waiting to hear back from representatives from Team Amrani or Mousid Gym, the reports come from those inside of the It's Showtime camp that Zeben Diaz will have a new opponent come May 27th in the way of Emad Kadyear. This means that Mosab Amrani is out of the Superfight and off of the card.
Still no explanation as of right now as to why he pulled out, as there is speculation that he suffered an injury this week and that it all happened very, very quickly. Hopefully we have a better explanation for you shortly, but as of right now it looks like Mosab Amrani will not be fighting and no one is clear why.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Hesdy Gerges Sentenced to Five Years in Prison on 2011 Cocaine Smuggling Case
- Jo Nattawut Filling in for Fabio Pinca at Lion Fight 19 Tonight
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd