UFC and Bellator veteran Paul Daley has been in the news this past week after it was announced that Scott Coker has resigned the British fighter to Bellator, hoping that he'll make his debut in the near future. K-1 fires back by announcing Paul Daley's K-1 debut fight will happen on October 4th at the K-1 World MAX Finals in Thailand. The event is headlined by the Buakaw vs. Kehl rematch for the K-1 MAX title (which we are told will be defended on its own, outside of tournaments in the future), but will also see the debut of Paul Daley.
Daley is 4-0 this year alone in kickboxing since he's returned, leading to there being a lot of hype behind his K-1 debut. His opponent has been announced as Mohammad Ghaedibardeh and the fight will be at 80kg.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti