Powerplay Promotions put John Wayne Parr's WKA world middleweight title up for grabs on June 21st at the Melbourne Pavillion against a young, hungry Toby "The Weapon" Smith.
From the first bell it was shocking to see how strong and sturdy Toby Smith was, its not often that you see a big, strong fighter like JWP get pushed around like that. Parr threw some fast flurries anytime he had the chance but he just couldn't get Smith to move backwards and just always ended up stuck in the corner. In the Third round Toby had JWP pushed up against the ropes again and was moving forward like a man on a mission, clinching, kneeing and elbowing non stop. He landed a left hook that appeared to stagger John Wayne momentarily and then put him in a strange position perfect for Smith to whack him with an upward, left elbow which sent John Wayne Parr to the mat with a look of agony on his face. Turned out that the elbow broke JWP's orbital bone, crushed his sinus, and opened a cut that needed 5 stitches putting Parr at accumulative total of 280 stitches in his face alone.
Amazing performance from the new WKA middleweight world champion Toby Smith and we wish John Wayne Parr a speedy recovery you are an inspiration to many.
Latest from Jay Jauncey
- WATCH: Yokkao 17's Liam Harrison vs. Tetsuya Yamato
- John Wayne Parr Comes to Muay Thai Grand Prix on June 11th
- Yokkao 20 Headlined Between Title Fight Between Jordan Watson and Reece McAllister
- Yokkao Planning to Make Full Use of Live Facebook Streams
- Jordan Watson Out, Ravy Brunow in Against Giorgio Petrosyan on April 16th