While October 12th might be the official launch date for GLORY 11 and GLORY's tenure on Spike TV, tonight will mark GLORY's debut on Spike TV with a half hour highlight broadcast that is set to go down at 11PM Eastern. This is a strategic move from both Spike TV and GLORY as it will be coming directly after TNA Impact Wrestling, which might not draw the same kind of audience as WWE does, but it does bring in a solid audience week after week.
It was a similar tactic that helped to build up the UFC with The Ultimate Fighter, as TUF followed WWE's Monday Night Raw on Spike TV for the first season, which helped to bring more exposure to it. It's not clear what they will fit into a 30 minute broadcast, but with GLORY 11 coming up, I'd expect highlights from fights of the upcoming competitors.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Liam Harrison vs. Singdam Kiatmoo9 Scheduled for Yokkao 15
- Full Card for WGP 25 Featuring Alex Pereira vs. Cesar Almeida
- Creativity in Kickboxing; or, K-1's Forgotten Formula to Building the Future
- VIDEO: Mike Zambidis Victorious Against Steve Moxon in Retirement Bout
- Joe Schilling Hit With 90 Day Suspension After Bellator Loss