Bad news for fans of legendary kickboxer Jerome Le Banner who was scheduled to fight Sergei Kharitonov at GLORY 10 Los Angeles on September 28th in Los Angeles, Califorina, as Le Banner has pulled out of the fight due to a neck injury. It was announced today by GLORY that the main event for GLORY 10 of Le Banner vs. Kharitonov is officially off due to Le Banner's injury and that Kharitonov will fight on a future GLORY event instead.
Due to this change, Robin Van Roosmalen vs. Shemsi Beqiri have been bumped up to serve as the event's Main Event fight, with the fight between Davit Kiria and Murthel Groenhart moving to the co-main event slot of the evening. We wish JLB a speedy recovery and hope to see him in the ring again soon.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Video: Andy Souwer vs Hideya Tanaka
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Interview with the Glory heavyweight challenger and the SuperKombat's franchise, Benny Adegbuyi
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament