Rian Scalia (@rianscalia) and myself (@LiverKickdotcom / @LocustStar) go ahead and sit down to discuss what our hopes are for the year 2012 in the Kickboxing world. After a rather slow week we decided to slow things down and take a look at what we want, formatting-wise and for each division in FIKA's K-1 World Grand Prix season. With the three divisions being -63kg, -70kg and +100kg, we look at how certain countries are over-populated with elite talent while others will be lacking. We look at the format of the 32 best in the world and ask the question of will there really only be one fighter per country, or will they be making acceptions?
We wish you a happy holiday and will be back with another episode after the holidays.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- VIDEO: Enriko Kehl vs. Erkan Varol and Zabit Samedov vs. Merit Arkan
- Bai Ling attending SuperKombat World Grand Prix I next Sat. evening (Mar. 7) in Ploiești, Romania
- Dutch Kickboxer Brian Douwes Wins Bloodsport-esque Tournament
- Card for Enfusion #25 on March 14th
- SuperKombat Releases Card for March 7th 5th Anniversary Event