Rian Scalia (@rianscalia) and myself (@LiverKickdotcom / @LocustStar) go ahead and sit down to discuss what our hopes are for the year 2012 in the Kickboxing world. After a rather slow week we decided to slow things down and take a look at what we want, formatting-wise and for each division in FIKA's K-1 World Grand Prix season. With the three divisions being -63kg, -70kg and +100kg, we look at how certain countries are over-populated with elite talent while others will be lacking. We look at the format of the 32 best in the world and ask the question of will there really only be one fighter per country, or will they be making acceptions?
We wish you a happy holiday and will be back with another episode after the holidays.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti