Yokkao 6 was the first big event of this year and is safely in the books right now. For those that have been itching to see the video footage of it, while you might have to wait a while longer, never fear, as there is some highlight footage available (below). It's a lot to take in, yes, but it's a great nine minutes of muay thai action.
To top it off, we're hearing that Yokkao 7 is scheduled for February 7th in the Pattaya World Boxing Stadium. While there is very little else available to go on right now, word is on the street that the legendary Saenchai will be fighting on the card in what looks to be his first fight of the year, coming off of a very controversial loss at the K-1 World MAX event in Foshan, China on December 28th. If the past few Yokkao events are any indicator they'll be working on putting together a great card for February.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19