Muay Thai and Kickboxing living legend John Wayne Parr not only picked up an impressive recent win inside of a cage wearing MMA gloves, but he's apparently been tapped to head to Montreal to train with UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St. Pierre, helping GSP prepare for his upcoming title bout against Johny Hendricks. This also means that we'll see John Wayne Parr cageside at UFC 167 to help corner Georges St. Pierre.
Here is the statement from JWP via his Facebook today.
"Received another email off Firas, looks like I am going to Tristar in Canada early August for 2 weeks for the sole purpose of training George St Pierre with his striking. The best part is the boys will be flying me to Vegas to be part of the corner in November when GSP takes on Johnny Hendricks.
This is without doubt the biggest opportunity of my life. Thank you Firas & GSP!"
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd
- Josh Jauncey Still Self-Critical After GLORY 18 Win
- Saulo Cavalari Talks About Being GLORY's #1 Light Heavyweight Contender
- Five Titles on the Line at Lumpinee Birthday Show on December 9th
- This was Glory 18 - Return to Glory Video
- Sam-A vs Bangpleenoi Headlines Big Petyindee Promotions Card at Lumpinee on November 25th
- Roufusport Under Fire In Light of Munson Death From March
- Hunt falls in title bout, Schilling flattens Manhoef