Since the announcement sent out by K-1 with their line-up so far for the K-1 World MAX Final 16 tournament, there has been some confusion as to who Longern Superpro Samui is and why he is included in the K-1 World MAX tournament. Well, Longern has not always been known as Longern. Before he was at Superpro Samui, he was known as Loh-ngern Pitakkruchaiden. If that name sounds familiar, it could be because he was set to face Kevin Ross for Lion Fights last year before having to pull out due to injury.
We've confirmed his identity with the Superpro Samui gym and have gone digging, so here are a few fights from Longern.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19