Since the announcement sent out by K-1 with their line-up so far for the K-1 World MAX Final 16 tournament, there has been some confusion as to who Longern Superpro Samui is and why he is included in the K-1 World MAX tournament. Well, Longern has not always been known as Longern. Before he was at Superpro Samui, he was known as Loh-ngern Pitakkruchaiden. If that name sounds familiar, it could be because he was set to face Kevin Ross for Lion Fights last year before having to pull out due to injury.
We've confirmed his identity with the Superpro Samui gym and have gone digging, so here are a few fights from Longern.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Tiffany Van Soest's New Opponent and Complete Cards For GLORY 30 and SuperFight Series
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Bucharest Card and Details on SuperKombat Expo and Gym
- It's W5 Time XXXIII Card From Vienna, Austria on May 21st
- FFC Plans Two Big Shows in the US This June Featuring Kickboxers Mladen Brestovac and Pavel Zhuravlev
- K-1 Japan 65kg World Grand Prix