Stand Up Japan was an event a few days ago held in Japan that was featuring some of the biggest names in Japan's combat sports in exhibition bouts. The two big names at the event were KID Yamamoto and Masato. Masato retired at the ripe age of 30, during the peak of his career and did it on his own terms. Masato retired as a legend, while Yamamoto continues to fight past what many consider his prime and has had no success in the United States fighting for the UFC.
Daniel Herbertson of AOL's MMAFighting.com was live at the event and captured it on video, so sit back and watch clips from this great event. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti