Stand Up Japan was an event a few days ago held in Japan that was featuring some of the biggest names in Japan's combat sports in exhibition bouts. The two big names at the event were KID Yamamoto and Masato. Masato retired at the ripe age of 30, during the peak of his career and did it on his own terms. Masato retired as a legend, while Yamamoto continues to fight past what many consider his prime and has had no success in the United States fighting for the UFC.
Daniel Herbertson of AOL's MMAFighting.com was live at the event and captured it on video, so sit back and watch clips from this great event. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Lion Fight 32 Returns To Las Vegas With Malaipet vs. Hollenbeck
- Watch Benjamin Adegbuyi's Latest Execution From ACB 7
- Bellator Announces Bellator Kickboxing Event In December Featuring Giorgio Petrosyan
- Enfusion Live Antwerp Results: Ozcan and Jaray Throw Down Again
- Bellator Kickboxing 3 Spoilers and Interview