Stand Up Japan was an event a few days ago held in Japan that was featuring some of the biggest names in Japan's combat sports in exhibition bouts. The two big names at the event were KID Yamamoto and Masato. Masato retired at the ripe age of 30, during the peak of his career and did it on his own terms. Masato retired as a legend, while Yamamoto continues to fight past what many consider his prime and has had no success in the United States fighting for the UFC.
Daniel Herbertson of AOL's MMAFighting.com was live at the event and captured it on video, so sit back and watch clips from this great event. [source]
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Renews Two Key Television Deals in Europe
- Fight Card For K-1's China vs. Japan Feb. 1st Event
- Yokkao Fighters Saenchai and Pakorn Book Seminar Dates For NYC in February
- Giorgio Petrosyan Returns This Weekend, Plus ANOTHER Fight in April Against Enriko Kehl
- Mike Tyson Eats an Apple and Unveils He'll Help Call GLORY 19