The K-1 MAX Japan -63kg tournament that happened a month ago was an event to remember, partially because K-1 has only held one event so far this year, but also because 8 men put it all on the line in a one night tournament and showed a lot of heart. None quite showed the heart and determination like Koya Urabe did. Watch what went down backstage after his loss and how tough his corner is on him for his loss, from "You need to show more spirit" to telling him that he let the fans and his team down. Ouch. Put the subtitles on if they aren't already. There is also a whole playlist of these from K-1, but none quite as harsh as this one.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Liam Harrison vs. Singdam Kiatmoo9 Scheduled for Yokkao 15
- Full Card for WGP 25 Featuring Alex Pereira vs. Cesar Almeida
- Creativity in Kickboxing; or, K-1's Forgotten Formula to Building the Future
- VIDEO: Mike Zambidis Victorious Against Steve Moxon in Retirement Bout
- Joe Schilling Hit With 90 Day Suspension After Bellator Loss