The K-1 MAX Japan -63kg tournament that happened a month ago was an event to remember, partially because K-1 has only held one event so far this year, but also because 8 men put it all on the line in a one night tournament and showed a lot of heart. None quite showed the heart and determination like Koya Urabe did. Watch what went down backstage after his loss and how tough his corner is on him for his loss, from "You need to show more spirit" to telling him that he let the fans and his team down. Ouch. Put the subtitles on if they aren't already. There is also a whole playlist of these from K-1, but none quite as harsh as this one.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti