Forgive me for not posting results last night, but, you know, this was GTA V week and I do have a fiance who enjoys my company once in a while. These are the things that happen in life, alright? Last night did play host to Lion Fight 11, live from Las Vegas on AXS TV and saw a solid night of action with a few strange caveats here and there. As always, Lion Fight delivers in the end, but I might suggest that I understand that they want to include fighters from Thailand, but next time, be more selective. Nampon is a fine fighter, but last night was a pretty awful display and all for a fighter who has virtually no hype surrounding him.
The fight that most of us were looking forward to, Kevin Ross vs. Tetsuya Yamato delivered just like we thought it would, as they went all-out for the entire fight before the judges were forced to come to a decision and chose Yamato. I can see the arguments for Ross winning the fight, as he looked strong early and finished strong, but the rest of the fight saw Yamato really turn up the heat and deliver the better blows. It's hard to say that Ross walks away a "loser" in this one because he put his all into the fight and looked strong, although some fans might not know just how good Tetsuya Yamato really is. Yamato is really good, there is no shame in putting on a close fight with him.
Cosmo vs. Nampon was very much of a fight that was just "there" and that saw Nampon just show nothing of real value against Cosmo. The other feature bout of the evening saw Cris "Cyborg" Justino (formerly Santos) run roughshod over Jennifer Colomb, who filled in on late notice. Colomb is a tough fighter, but short notice is short notice.
- Cosmo Alexander (R5 - UD) Nampon
- Cris Justino (R3 - TKO) Jennifer Colomb
- Tetsuya Yamoto (R5 - SD) Kevin Ross
- Malaipet (R1 - TKO) Caio Uruguai
- Angela Hill (R5 - UD) Monique Travis
- Scott Leffler (R5 - UD) Jose Palacios
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Hesdy Gerges Sentenced to Five Years in Prison on 2011 Cocaine Smuggling Case
- Jo Nattawut Filling in for Fabio Pinca at Lion Fight 19 Tonight
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd