SuperKombat held their World Grand Prix in Resita event yesterday afternoon, which saw a Light Heavyweight tournament (85kg) with Poland's Dawid Kasperski walking away victorious. The event also saw some big names involved in some Super Fights, including Sebastian Ciobanu picking up a win over Enver Slijvar, Catalin Morosanu picking up a win over Mohamed Karim and Raul Catinas knocking out Brice Guidon.
- Superkombat World Grand Prix – Resita: Official Results
- 1. Reserve Fight – Light Heavyweight Bout (-85 kg)
- Ibrahim El Bouni (Morocco) won by Unanimous Decision against Uros Bogojevic (Serbia)
- 2. Semifinal 1 – Light Heavyweight Bout (-85 kg)
- Dawid Kasperski (Poland) won by Unanimous Decision against Ciprian Schiopu (Romania)
- 3. Semifinal 2 – Light Heavyweight Bout (-85 kg)
- Errol Koning (Suriname) won by KO in the first round against Noureddine Echiguer (Morocco)
- 4. Super Fight – Heavyweight Bout (+96 kg)
- Sebastian Ciobanu (Romania) won by Unanimous Decision against Enver Slijvar (Bosnia & Herzegovina)
- 5. Super Fight – Heavyweight Bout (+96 kg)
- Catalin Morosanu (Romania) won by Unanimous Decision against Mohamed Karim (Egypt)
- 6. Super Fight – Heavyweight Bout (+96 kg)
- Raul Catinas (Romania) won by KO in the second round against Brice Guidon (France)
- 7. Final – Light Heavyweight Bout (-85 kg)
- Dawid Kasperski (Poland) won by Split Decision against Errol Koning (Suriname)
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.