Hinata was in action this weekend, taking part in an event for Japan's REBELS organization. The young fighter was in the main event, facing Korea's Woo Yong Choi. K-1 MAX fans may remember Choi as Pajonsuk's victim at the 2010 MAX Grand Prix Final 16 event. Hinata took the victory, scoring a head kick knockout at the start of the 3rd round. There's no video available yet, although pictures available at BoutReview.com certainly indicate that Choi took quite the beating. Check out the impressive photos here.
At the end of the fight, Hinata issued a challenge to Japan's top K-1 MAX star Yoshihiro Sato, which sounds like a great fight to me.
Hinata was one of the break out stars of 2010, as wins over Yuya Yamamoto and Artur Kyshenko brought him great acclaim. Since being choked out by Andy Souwer in Shootboxing, Hinata has now won two in a row, first over Andre Dida at K-1 MAX, and now against Choi.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- September 2016 LiverKick Rankings Update: Featherweight In Chaos
- Nieky Holzken vs. Murthel Groenhart Headlining GLORY 34 Denver
- GLORY Release Card for Stacked GLORY 35: Sitthichai vs. Marat, Vakhitov vs. Mwekassa and More
- SuperKombat Releases Full Card For Oct. 1 Event, Featuring Ngimbi vs. Paraschiv Title Fight
- Yokkao Searching For An American Fighter For Yokkao 21 - 22 in Hong Kong