You can't make this stuff up and you can't keep an old warrior down, as Ernesto Hoost announced via Facebook that he'll be fighting on the upcoming Hoost Cup event in Japan on March 23rd. If that sounds wild to you, that a 48 year old Hoost will fight again after such a long layoff then I don't think you follow fight sports that closely. Here is the statement from Hoost.
"Announcing my fight on March 23 in Nagoya Japan. I know some people will say I'm crazy. Maybe I am, maybe not. But it is my own decision and I am not (yet...) plan to fight with the best of the best. If I like it I'll continue, otherwise I'll stop. Anyway I love the preparation, now I realize I have missed this. Btw, My opponent will be Thomas Stanley, he is about my age"
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY Teases Badr vs. Rico With GLORY Collision Promo
- Badr Hari vs. Rico Verhoeven Set For December Thanks to GLORY
- GLORY 33 New Jersey Featuring Rico Verhoeven vs. Anderson Silva
- Saenchai Training BJJ at Yokkao Gym in Bangkok, Possibly Preparing For MMA
- IKSA's Cory Schafer Talks Controversial Refereeing, Judging and More