You can't make this stuff up and you can't keep an old warrior down, as Ernesto Hoost announced via Facebook that he'll be fighting on the upcoming Hoost Cup event in Japan on March 23rd. If that sounds wild to you, that a 48 year old Hoost will fight again after such a long layoff then I don't think you follow fight sports that closely. Here is the statement from Hoost.
"Announcing my fight on March 23 in Nagoya Japan. I know some people will say I'm crazy. Maybe I am, maybe not. But it is my own decision and I am not (yet...) plan to fight with the best of the best. If I like it I'll continue, otherwise I'll stop. Anyway I love the preparation, now I realize I have missed this. Btw, My opponent will be Thomas Stanley, he is about my age"
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Xavier Vigney Out Against Chi Lewis-Parry at GLORY 33 SuperFight Series
- Superstar Actor Idris Elba to Fight in Kickboxing For Reality Series
- Video: Sitthichai and Murthel Groenhart's Victories at Kunlun Fight 50
- Featherweight Tournament Set For GLORY 33
- Yokkao 21 Scheduled For October 28th in Hong Kong Featuring Saenchai