You can't make this stuff up and you can't keep an old warrior down, as Ernesto Hoost announced via Facebook that he'll be fighting on the upcoming Hoost Cup event in Japan on March 23rd. If that sounds wild to you, that a 48 year old Hoost will fight again after such a long layoff then I don't think you follow fight sports that closely. Here is the statement from Hoost.
"Announcing my fight on March 23 in Nagoya Japan. I know some people will say I'm crazy. Maybe I am, maybe not. But it is my own decision and I am not (yet...) plan to fight with the best of the best. If I like it I'll continue, otherwise I'll stop. Anyway I love the preparation, now I realize I have missed this. Btw, My opponent will be Thomas Stanley, he is about my age"
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti