There is something to be said about the combat sports community in Japan and how closely knit it is with the professional wrestling community. As we've reported before, K-1 MAX fighter Yuichiro Nagashima is looking to lace up his boots and enter into the world of professional wrestling. Nagashima will be wrestling on the Zero-One MAX show on May 5th in Japan and is training with Zero-One MAX wrestlers such as Shinjiro Ohtani.
The photos are from SportsNavi, they also have an interview up with him, he also looks to add 20kg (about 30lbs) of muscle mass for wrestling.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com | @dvewlshWebsite: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- VIDEO: Masato's Fight With Takanori Gomi From New Year's Eve
- Masato and KID Yamamoto the Kings of Fight Sport on NYE, Rizin Did Okay
- Video: Masato vs. KID Yamamoto II From Kyokugen
- Surprise! Fedor Really is Fighting Jaideep, Plus Masato vs. KID is Still On
- New Year's Eve Roundup: Akebono vs. Sapp Rematch, KID/Masato Off and More