Alistair Overeem has been getting the star treatment of late, which includes getting a tour of the United States as a celebrity, basically. Overeem attended the Super Bowl with Michael Schiavello over the weekend, then went off to New York City where Strikeforce held a meet-and-greet event for fans and participants in the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP. Ariel Helwani caught up with Alistair Overeem to discuss his plans for 2011 and how he feels about Fedor and his camp. Alistair is as always, well-spoken and collected, and by the sounds of it, his main priority is the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP. Good news for American fans, possibly mixed news for K-1 fans who want to see Overeem defend his GP title.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Hesdy Gerges Sentenced to Five Years in Prison on 2011 Cocaine Smuggling Case
- Jo Nattawut Filling in for Fabio Pinca at Lion Fight 19 Tonight
- The Ratings are in For GLORY 18
- Check Out the Video From Yokkao 11's Fight of the Night: Brad Stanton vs Crice Boussoukou
- SuperKombat World Grand Prix Final in Monza Card for Nov. 22nd