Alistair Overeem has been getting the star treatment of late, which includes getting a tour of the United States as a celebrity, basically. Overeem attended the Super Bowl with Michael Schiavello over the weekend, then went off to New York City where Strikeforce held a meet-and-greet event for fans and participants in the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP. Ariel Helwani caught up with Alistair Overeem to discuss his plans for 2011 and how he feels about Fedor and his camp. Alistair is as always, well-spoken and collected, and by the sounds of it, his main priority is the Strikeforce Heavyweight GP. Good news for American fans, possibly mixed news for K-1 fans who want to see Overeem defend his GP title.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com | @dvewlshWebsite: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- WLF: Rise of Heroes III Fight Card Featuring Four Tournaments
- Muay Thai Grand Prix Launching Kickboxing Grand Prix in 2017
- GLORY Announces GLORY 37 Los Angeles in January
- Lion Fight 32 Results: Jo Nattawut Wins MIddleweight Title on Short Notice
- Lion Fight 32 Main Event Update: Malaipet vs. Nattawut New Main Event
- Saenchai Training BJJ at Yokkao Gym in Bangkok, Possibly Preparing For MMA
- GLORY Heavyweight Champion Rico Verhoeven is Considering a Full-Time Move to MMA
- Bellator Kickboxing Announce Team Set Heading Into Inaugural Event
- GLORY 28 and SuperFight Series Live Results
- A Look at the Truly SUPER GLORY 28 SuperFight Series