The will he or won't he with Jon Jones signing the contract to fight Alexander Gustafsson has finally come to an end. Alexander Gustafsson and Jon Jones will rematch for the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship on September 27th after a lot of posturing and talk about contract negotiations. This is the fight that UFC fans have been waiting for since their last meeting, with the two even being the ones featured in the EA Sports UFC demo that was released earlier this week.
Jon Jones had been telling the public that he'd prefer to fight with Daniel Cormier, while Gustafsson was expressing his concern over the fight not happening. Jon Jones had a meeting in Las Vegas with Zuffa and the matter finally was resolved.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Bellator Embraces Kickboxing by Signing Paul Daley and Melvin Manhoef
- It's Improbable That Tyrone Spong Can Fight for the UFC Any Time Soon
- Watch Today's TATNEFT Event in Its Entirety
- LiverKick Throwback: Ramon Dekkers and Rayen Simson Double Knockdown
- Badr Hari vs. Patrice Quateron Official For GFC on Oct. 16th