So this past Saturday UFC tested their most hardcore of hardcore fans with a Saturday double header. They like to sell these events as not aimed at "everyone," with the Germany event mostly for the European audience and the TUF Brazil 3 Finale mostly for Brazil, but they were still aired here in the United States and still warranted coverage so, well, that whole thing doesn't make sense. It was over twelve hours of fights, with a bulk of that on Fight Pass while the TUF Brazil 3 Finale airing on Fox Sports 2 then Fox Sports 1.
According to Dave Meltzer the TUF Brazil 3 Finale saw 609,000 viewers on Fox Sports 1, which was their lowest number since 2005 on a Saturday night. What was surprising was that the TUF Brazil 3 Finale undercard had somewhat decent ratings, something that we don't usually see at 560,000 viewers.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His first novel, the Godslayer, is available now.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Yokkao Breaks New Ground with 4K Ultra HD Saenchai Promo
- VIDEO: Former NBA Player Darko Milicic Loses Kickboxing Debut
- Rico Verhoeven, Murthel Groenhart and Andy Souwer on KhunLun Fight 15
- Video: Josh Jauncey vs. Jae-Gil Noh From GLORY 18
- WGP #24 on December 20th Featuring Alex Pereira and Felipe Micheletti
- Dejdamrong Sor Amnuaysirichoke Wants to Become First Lumpinee Champion to Win an MMA Title
- Roufusport Under Fire In Light of Munson Death From March
- Hunt falls in title bout, Schilling flattens Manhoef
- Dutch Legend Hans Nijman Murdered in Drive-By Shooting
- Michael Page Talking About Freestyle Kickboxing in MMA is Fascinating