So this past Saturday UFC tested their most hardcore of hardcore fans with a Saturday double header. They like to sell these events as not aimed at "everyone," with the Germany event mostly for the European audience and the TUF Brazil 3 Finale mostly for Brazil, but they were still aired here in the United States and still warranted coverage so, well, that whole thing doesn't make sense. It was over twelve hours of fights, with a bulk of that on Fight Pass while the TUF Brazil 3 Finale airing on Fox Sports 2 then Fox Sports 1.
According to Dave Meltzer the TUF Brazil 3 Finale saw 609,000 viewers on Fox Sports 1, which was their lowest number since 2005 on a Saturday night. What was surprising was that the TUF Brazil 3 Finale undercard had somewhat decent ratings, something that we don't usually see at 560,000 viewers.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, launches on March 24th.
Latest from Dave Walsh
- Bill Goldberg Claims He Turned Down a Fight with Alberto Del Rio
- A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words: Bill Goldberg in Front of a GLORY Logo
- 2011 Fighter of the Year Peneak Sitnumnoi Joins the Evolve MMA Fight Team
- Pornsaneh Sitmonchai the Latest Muay Thai Legend to Join Evolve MMA
- Bill Goldberg in Talks with GLORY. Why Not?