So this past Saturday UFC tested their most hardcore of hardcore fans with a Saturday double header. They like to sell these events as not aimed at "everyone," with the Germany event mostly for the European audience and the TUF Brazil 3 Finale mostly for Brazil, but they were still aired here in the United States and still warranted coverage so, well, that whole thing doesn't make sense. It was over twelve hours of fights, with a bulk of that on Fight Pass while the TUF Brazil 3 Finale airing on Fox Sports 2 then Fox Sports 1.
According to Dave Meltzer the TUF Brazil 3 Finale saw 609,000 viewers on Fox Sports 1, which was their lowest number since 2005 on a Saturday night. What was surprising was that the TUF Brazil 3 Finale undercard had somewhat decent ratings, something that we don't usually see at 560,000 viewers.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com | @dvewlshWebsite: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- LiverKick Rankings Update: April, 2017 -- Not Much Changes
- World Fighting League Results: Peter Aerts Wins Retirement Bout
- Results From K-1 World Grand Prix Japan Super Bantamweight Tournament
- Full Card for K-1 World GP Japan 2017 55kg Super Bantamweight Tournament
- LiverKick Podcast for April 20th - GLORY 40 Preview, Bellator Kickboxing and More
- Saulo Cavalari Looking to Make MMA Debut Soon
- FFC Results: Robin van Roosmalen Wins Second MMA Bout and More
- UFC Fight Pass Adds Parts of the K-1 Library to Their Service
- FFC Announces Card for FFC 28 Featuring Robin van Roosmalen
- Card for SuperStar Fight VII on Jan. 13th featuring Cosmo, Nattawut and More