Social media completely rules our modern lives in awkward and sometimes negative ways. A fighter like Jon Jones would have been a huge star and everyone's favorite in a pre-internet era, but in an age where he can take to Twitter or Instagram and say something stupid, he tends to do exactly that and it only hurts him and everyone around him. His latest little mistake was addressing fans on Instagram in regards to him "ducking" Gustafsson and wanting to fight Cormier instead. He quickly took the video down, but this is the internet and nothing truly goes away.
As for Gustafsson, he wants his UFC Light Heavyweight Championship bout and he wants it now, which prompted him to hit Facebook with a call out of his own.
Jon "Bones" Jones, be a man, be a champ and sign that bout agreement and stop running. Keep in mind that after I beat you and become the champ I might be doing the same to you when you chase me for a rematch, as a revenge for not accepting my challenge.
Sooner or later you will have to face me, just make it sooner!
The fans wants this fight, UFC wants this fight and I want this fight, and I damn deserve it.
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- K-1 Japan Holding -57.5kg Tournament For New World Title in November
- Xavier Vigney Out Against Chi Lewis-Parry at GLORY 33 SuperFight Series
- Superstar Actor Idris Elba to Fight in Kickboxing For Reality Series
- Video: Sitthichai and Murthel Groenhart's Victories at Kunlun Fight 50
- Featherweight Tournament Set For GLORY 33
- Saenchai Training BJJ at Yokkao Gym in Bangkok, Possibly Preparing For MMA
- GLORY Heavyweight Champion Rico Verhoeven is Considering a Full-Time Move to MMA
- Bellator Kickboxing Announce Team Set Heading Into Inaugural Event
- GLORY 28 and SuperFight Series Live Results
- A Look at the Truly SUPER GLORY 28 SuperFight Series