Anderson Silva has been out with that horrific injury to his leg since December now and there have been conflicting reports about his possible return. Could it be in 2014? Maybe pushed back to 2015? It looks like 2015 will be the time when we see Anderson Silva return, Ed Soares explained to MMAFighting, listing off possible opponents for Anderson's return. The name that stuck out? Nick Diaz.
"There's Michael Bisping, there's Cung Le. Even Nick Diaz," Soares said. "Nick Diaz has said he's wanted to fight him before. Nick Diaz wanted to box Roy Jones Jr. You could argue that Nick Diaz and Anderson probably have some of the best boxing in MMA, so we'll see what happens. Like we all know, so many things can change, the landscape of the sport can change so much in such a short amount of time.
"There's not a shortage of talent that the UFC has, so I'm sure the UFC is going to come up with a good plan on who the next opponent should be, and I'm sure it will be a good fight."
Dave Walsh has been covering MMA and Kickboxing since 2007 before changing his focus solely to Kickboxing in 2009, launching what was the only English-language site dedicated to giving Kickboxing similar coverage to what MMA receives. He was the co-founder of HeadKickLegend and now LiverKick. He resides in Albuquerque, New Mexico where he works as a writer of all trades.
His second novel, Terminus Cycle, is available now via Kindle and Paperback.
Dave (a) LiverKick dot com.Website: www.dvewlsh.com
Latest from Dave Walsh
- GLORY 33 New Jersey Featuring Rico Verhoeven vs. Anderson Silva
- Saenchai Training BJJ at Yokkao Gym in Bangkok, Possibly Preparing For MMA
- GLORY Heavyweight Champion Rico Verhoeven is Considering a Full-Time Move to MMA
- Bellator Kickboxing Announce Team Set Heading Into Inaugural Event
- GLORY Announces Jahfarr Wilnis, Anderson Silva and Ismael Londt for GLORY 29 Heavyweight Tournament